Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The week is slowly clicking by. I got to take doggie out to the park last night. She had a good time and there weren't any p[unk kids on dirt bikes this time, which was good. I am in prety lousy shape, though which is bad. I barly made one lap around the park at a run walk. She was all set for another few, but we headed back to the car.

Not much in interest in television or film.
I got my tools to try to create the prototype for the catwalk system for RPG miniatures, but I don't have enough. I really need a workshop to do this stuff. Or at least a good vice to hold things when I'm trying to saw them. Also my saw needs a finer blade. It really chewed up the dowl I was trying to cut. I am pretty sure my idea for assemblying these will work, but it will be labor intensive and probably won't make it as a real profit maker. I'd just be happy to have enough products that we are able to make back the money we spend on tables for conventions.

The film script is at about 10 pages. I have the overall plot for each page fairly well maped out, but the dialogue still needs a lot of work. I'll probably send it out in draft form in a few days. Rewrites and changes will be much appreciated.

If done well I think I could make a bit off of the film too. Since it shouldn't contain any copyrighted material we could actually sell it. Though we probably couldn't charge very much for it as a 15-20 minuite DVD, maybe 5-10$ a pop. I have plenty of cases and will need some artwork for it too. Blank DVDs are around 50 cents, and I'd want to pay the cast and anyone who helps with the writing so over all profits would be slim, maybe 1-3$ per sale. But its better than nothing.
It will be cool to actually finish a project.

Lab is slow today, my cells didn't grow enough so I'm not doing the DNA checking experiment I wanted to. Instead I'm doing phospholipid extraction from spores, which will be good as a sample when I run the TLC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home