Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The long weekend was good and well needed, though I'm still beat today.
Friday night we went to T&J's to play in Tempest's new ShadowRun game. It was a blast, although we may have to leave doggie home next time as she seemed to feel the need to continuously bark at their dog. Oh then their dog got sprayed by a skunk when it went out in the yard so there was all sorts of doggie fun game delays. Eithor way I had a great time and wish we were on for more than once a month.

Saturday me and BZ went down to north haven, where the new haven shelter was doing a pet adoption day. Aparently they rescued 94 cats from one house, but were down to 20 or so. Unlike previous attempts we went in with 80$ and a statement of I own a house and walked out with a cat, previously #99 and currently Griddles. She is a tiny little orange kitty. It was kind of tough finding a "good" cat as BZ didn't want any which looked like cats she has had before. She had tried a few local shelters first, but was getting the biz from them: please fill out this form with all your personal info and total pet history, plus numbers for your current vet and some other character whitnesses, oh and if there is a good time we can call and speak to your current pets to make sure there isn't anything fishy about the application we'd like to do that too. We have some pet psychics on hand to translate for them. Total time to adoption is between 3-6 weeks.
That is unless you want to adopt 2-7 cats, in which case you can probably have them today.
Ugh.

The rest of the weekend was spent trying to get griddles adjusted to us, the house, and the dog. We have a chase or two around the house, but for the most part things are going ok. Griddles started off as a "hide away" cat. We let her out of the cat carrier and ahd darts under the TV. We fish her out of there and its under the sofa next. Finally we had to seal her off in the spare room after blocking up the closet doors and slowly she would stop hiding right away and would come to us for some petting. Later we did some restricted doggie intros and thought she isn't exactly thrilled about them I think she is settling down and in.

BZ has been much happier since we got the cat, which is good.

Sat night we went to my parent's place for joint birthday for BZ and my sister. Food was good and became the continuation of the F-weight watchers weekend. I think I may have gained back any weight I lost.
Sunday and monday were spent loafing, which was good and needed.

1 Comments:

Blogger KayeshmeyA said...

RYANNNN!!!

How are you??? I found your blog just by chance!!

So how has it been? Done much writing lately? I sure haven't. I wrote 4,000 words of one story - then BLOCK! *ugh*

Anyway, email me sometime and maybe I can share it with you - I was trying to get Mike into it - but it turned into my project all of a sudden.

Cheers - Would be great to catch up.

-Novyl :)

novyl_@hotmail

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home