Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I awoke this morning from a nightmare of being powerless in a situation undoing. I don't have much more to say about it. This has been the third or fourth such dream in the last few weeks. I begin to wonder if its some sort of sign, a premonition of sorts. I was fully charged in mystical energy again in my dream. Perhapse its time to retake some of those studies.

But back to our Mn trip.

The Holidazle parade was cool. Its a big parade at night where all of the floats and people in the parade are covered in lights. There were all sorts of floats to fairy tales and children's stories as well as your typical holiday stuff. It was fun just seeing who sponcered each float, all of which were mid westie things like malt-o-meal. Following the parade we had another flavorless dinner at Chevys. I had wondered if out first bad experience there was just because we were in St. Louis and everything there sucks, but no Chevys sucks every where. Its called mexican food people, try adding some spice!!! So ends Day one.

Day two was X-mas eve. It was a nice lazy sort of family day and a good chance to get to know BZ's fam better. We broke out one of those atari simulators and had fun rehashing the pixilated block games of the past. We took off for lunch and went to a place called "Carvers", home to the butter burger and cheeze curds, which turned out to be for the most part bite sized friend motzerella sticks. All was very tasty. My only complaint was that the shakes there are way too thick. You couldn't suck them through a straw so it ended up being a giant cup of soft serve ice cream.

Following lunch we explored BZ;s home town. Went to the BEnfranklin dime store she used to work at and a few other establishments ending at soe hores outfiter store where some high school friend of her's worked. The girl said like 4 words to us and was out the door. At least the stop wasn't a complete waste as Bs for a hot pair of cowgirl boots and I got a duster coat, both of which were at a great price.

We got back to the house in time for dinner, pasta and sausage, yummy!! BZ's family does have a good recipe for that, its one of the few foods I could easily eat multiple days on end. After dinner her family does gifts, its one of those x-mas eve not x-mas day sort of deals. The exchange was a bit dissappointing. When you do the straight up one person swap and everyone sends out lists you pretty much know exactly what you are getting and when you are some one who shops well and can really maximize 50$ and other people aren't you tend to be a little dissappointed. I ended up getting the Lego starwars 2 game, whihc I had requested and a bok of bathroom trivia, no its not on bathrooms but just normal sort of trivia, a lot of which I questioned. At least some of it was usable in my campaign. Its almost sad how many things come down to D&D for me.

The yankee swap followed the normal gift exchange. Here was another dissappointment. BZ and I were under the impression this was to be a generic sort of gift up to 50$, where as everyone else there seemed to think it was a 10-25$ gift. So when you put in 50$ worth of cool kitchen appliance gadgets and get back 2x 4.50 movies, on of which you already own its a little disheartening. The swap was done by different rues than I am accustomed to as well. You had to roll doubles on a pair of d6s in order to pick a present or to swap presents at the end. That was good for me as dice and I usually get along. I came home with the same set of kitchen gadgets I brought.

More to follow

1 Comments:

Blogger Hotdish said...

It was Culver's, not Carvers for the fried cheese and butter burgers.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home