Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

it seems to be getting harder and harder to post, hopefully it will get better when the attic is finished. So lets see where were we. BZ and I had gotten a husky from a shelter. We took him home, grabbed some micky D's and began the endless night. The husky, Jay, got a bath and let me say after bathing Razul I figured I had seen about the water capacity of a dog. Well this was just rediculas. Jay kept jumping out of the tub and shaking off, leaving a virtual pond on the bathroom floor. But finally it was done, doggie was clean. I towled him off as well as I could, then we took him out on the pourch to comb him out and let him dry some. We get him out there, he takes a quick look at the gate we use for the pourch, then leaps over it. F'ing dog!!!

I run back in and grab my shoes. When I get back the dog is just gone. We walk up and down the street looking for him, but can't find him. We fire up the forester and drive out to see if we can find him, but he's just no where. We drive home after about 10 minutes. And low and behold who is sitting in the dirve way, yup you guessed it.

I try to lure him back with a burger. He will aproach close enough to snag burger peices I throw but won't get close enough for me to grab him.If I try to approach him, he runs back about 10 ft and waits. BZ tries to help but she's not very adjile and Jay is. We chase him around for about 30 mintes. Then go back inside to see if he will just come back when he is done playing this chase me chase me game.

There is some homking from outside and a squeel a breaks. I already know what it is. I go out and there is a car in the road and a "woman" walking down the street. I see jay running back from "her" (woman and her are in quotes as I'm not really sure if this was a man or woman. and I got a close up look at the face. It was eithor a very femine man or butch chick. "She gives me a lecture about letting my dog run in the street, but helps me try to catch him and calls for the dog pound, unfortunatly they aren't open at this time of night. The dog runs off again and we lose sight of him. "She" leaves. I go back in the house. Jay proceeds to come back but sits in my neighbor on the corner's yard, where he can see my place but can easily run away if he wants. We make a few more attempts to catch him, but to no avail. And if we go back in side he goes and sits down in the middle of the road until someone stops. It gets cold and starts to rain and I'm sick of playing around.

I get another hamburger and take one of BZ's unisom gel caps and squirt all the gell over the burger. Then I take it out and act like I'm trying to lure jay back again and toss him the burger a bit at a time. He eats it up. We go back in and wait 20 minutes for it to sink in. The rain kicks up and jay comes back onto the pourch and lies down and dozes off, long enough for me to sneak up and leash him up again. So after about 5 hours we get the dog back, crate him up and he goes back in the morning. A total annoyance of a weekend. Oh yeah he howled the whole night in the crate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home