Memories of the Future

Ever had a Spam Wafful, debated the red herrings with actual herrings, or written the spoken word in sky writing. If so enter and enjoy

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

So a friend of mine just stoped by and apparently he is concidering leaving too. Its almost crazy how our class has widdled down so much. We lost 2 my first year, 4 my second, and now halfway through my third we're about to lose 3 or 4. of the 25 that started thats almost 50%.

back to mn.

So day three was x-mas. I was able to avoid going to church both in the morning when some of BZ's fam went and at night when all of them went, some for the second time that day. Her father made some rude comments at my expense when they got back and in remianing in some good graces I refrained from commenting. It almost sickens me to see adults so caught up in fairy tales. I love high fantasy, but I know that dragons and fairies only exist in our minds. The same can be said for gods, devils, demons, and the whole lot. Yeah its a nicie nice thought that we will all be together in wonderland when we die, but I'm just as happy making the best of my life here on earth.

Day four we went up to Dulth, BZ's college town. There was a good brewery up there, but it was kind of a dissappointment seeing the list of beers (probably 60-100) and then being told they only had 8 of them currently...none of those 8 were the ones I had chosen off the list. I ended up with a blueberry stout which was tasty and some of the best beer batter fries I've ever had. It totally made up for the lack of selection and them over cooking my burger. We shoped around for a bit with one of BZ's college friends after that. She is a lot cooler that I remember and fun to hang with.

Day five we hit the MAll of America!!!!!!. Unfortunatly we only had a few hours there before this play we were going to see was to start so it was a madd rush around. Of all the wacky things we went into the QVC shop, which contained all of those fun things you want to buy off the Tele'. I got a few cans of self heating coffee that T&J often have, a set of 50 horror classics, and a wind up flashlight. We hit a few more shops, but barly scratched the surface of what is there. I could have spent two full days at the mall. We left the mall and hit the olive garden for dinner.

Dinner in short blew! The bread sticks were way over done, some didn't have any butter or garlic on them. I ordered a steak in alfredo linguini dish. Of the four peices of steak in it:
1. tasted like it was marinated in fruit punch, sweet and fruity.
2. marinated in italian herbs, not bad, a bit of the fruit flavor.
3. only seasoned with black pepper,
4. no seasoning at all.
BZ's sister got a pitcher of sanguria, which turned out to be fruit punch with maybe a splash of wine in it. And then the manager had the gall to give her lip when she tried to complain.
Needless to say I am done with the Olive Garden.

Following that we went to see White Christmas done as a broadway show. In short it stunk. I feel bad for BZ's mom who put a lot of time and money into getting the tickets. The production was just sort of poor. The songs were very repititious, there may have only been 4 songs for a 2 hour show, they just kept repeating them. The acting was very constrained and not beleivable. Even the dancing was dull, not very complex or eye pleasing. So it ended up being kind of a poor day.

Actualy I just realized I reversed days 4 and 5, not that it really matters since I'm not going to retype or arrange them just thoguht I'd let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home